Sun. May 17th 2020 | Live, Virtual Childbirth Education Class
Immerse yourself in a 4 hour, one day virtual Childbirth Ed Class. This is a live class taught through Zoom and will be interactive with the ability to ask questions in a live setting. There will be appropriate breaks throughout the lesson.
(This is not a prerecorded class.)
The educational material is structured to support evidence-based information. Childbirth Ed is important. It is the foundation to which knowledge and decision making flow from on that ever so important day! Babies do not stop being born through a pandemic and parents still need support and answers.
Virtual Class will run from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Digital handouts will be provided as well as a detailed invoice that may be submitted to an FSA or towards a third party insurance reimbursement (Most insurance companies will cover the cost of a Childbirth Ed Class.)
Childbirth Education Class Topics :
- Anatomy / Terms / Physiology
- Role of Essential Hormones
- Stages & Phases of Labor
- Techniques to Support an Efficient Labor Experience
- Optimal Labor Positions / Movement
- Role of the Supportive Partner
- Prodromal Labor vs Active Labor
- What to do when you think you are in Labor!
- Relaxation / Breathing / Centering Techniques
- Optimal Birthing Positions
- Interventions / Medication Options / Risks & Benefits
- Cesarean Birth
- Mindful Practice & Priorities for Labor, Birth and Beyond
- Postpartum Period Care / Concerns