Sun. June 7th, 2020 | Childbirth Education Class For Two
Immerse yourself in a one day Childbirth Ed Class. Taught in a comfortable, cozy atmosphere. Small class size guaranteed. Material is structured to support evidence-based information. Appropriate breaks throughout the day, bring your own lunch or choose from several local venues.
Class runs from 9:30am – 4:00pm one weekend day per month
Cost is $165.00 for two people. A take home folder will be provided as well as a detailed invoice that may be submitted to an FSA or towards a third party insurance reimbursement (depending on your plan) .
- Anatomy / Terms / Physiology
- Role of Essential Hormones
- Stages & Phases of Labor
- Techniques to Support an Efficient Labor Experience
- Optimal Labor Positions / Movement
- Role of the Supportive Partner
- Prodromal Labor vs Active Labor
- What to do when you think you are in Labor J
- Relaxation / Breathing / Centering Techniques
- Optimal Birthing Positions
- Interventions / Medication Options / Risks & Benefits
- Cesarean Birth
- Mindful Practice & Priorities for Labor , Birth and Beyond
- Postpartum Period Care / Concerns
Attendees are asked to remove shoes after arriving. Please bring something comfortable to change into.